Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sometimes the Interwebs Scare Me



Can anyone tell me what the fuck a Tay Zonday is and why he has nearly 2 million views on YouTube?

I know this video is old in Internet time but I've been processing it and I've only become more confused... and a little bit frightened.

This guy got more buzz in two weeks with "Chocolate Rain" than any of the garbage singles 50 cent dropped this summer.

Seriously I don't get it.
He looks like he could be a 13 year old boy or one of Snoop's girlfriends from the Wire.

Can someone educate me?

7 comments:

  1. This cat sounds like Paul Robeson singing Porgy and Bess. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. cause he speaking that knowledge HR!!! This is way hotter then mos def's katrina clap...lmao! But really, did you not laugh at this once when you saw it?

    dani

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed my head off when I first saw this, but when you pay attention to the lyrics, they're actually pretty good.

    Sounds like a cartoon character though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL on that Paul Robeson shit.

    There are some decent political jabs in the lyrics but the packaging is too damn ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that crazy Chocolate Rain song stuck in my head since yesterday, it's your fault and good day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone broke down the lyrics to this song on Afronerd. The young man is singing about black people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/44855-chocolate-rain-to-fall-on-girl-talk-and-dan-deacon

    ReplyDelete